In Skovik, it is possible to set up an approval chain consisting of one or multiple levels of approval. These steps are either a superior step, group step or custom field step.
Custom field step
A superior step means the employee's line manager approves the report. The manager is responsible for the approval, and only the manager can approve the report (unless the report is delegated elsewhere).
A group step means that a group of people (i.e., the payroll department) is responsible for approving the report. The report will end up in all group members' review queues, but only one member must approve it.
A custom field step means the approval chain will change dynamically depending on the custom field owner. The report will be sent to the responsible manager of i.e. a cost center or project.
This type of step is used when implementing project based or cost center based approval.
- Go to Settings --> Employees.
- Find the employee who shall receive a new superior.
- Press Edit and either add or change the superior.
Superiors may approve expenses in all branches in Skovik. The superior and the employee can therefore be assigned to different branches.
- Go to Settings --> Groups.
- Open the group that is currently approving the reports.
- Add a group member by pressing the Add button.
- Remove a member by using the Remove button.
- Go to Settings --> Custom fields.
- Find the applicable custom field and press xx pre-defined values.
- Press the edit button to assign an owner. All expenses sorted to the applicable custom field value will be sent for approval to the custom field owner.