Comment on page
Project Based Approval
This feature enables a more flexible approval chain based on projects, cost centers, etc. For example, a cost center owner might be more suitable to approve the related expenses than the user's superior or the finance team.
- Go to Settings --> Custom fields.
- Press the button xx Pre-defined values to the right of the custom field you want to use for your approval chain.
- Press the edit button on the right to add an owner.
- Search and choose the correct employee in the Owner field. This employee will approve expenses and trips booked to the owner's project or custom field value.
If you do not allocate an owner to a project or custom field value, expenses booked to the project will be excluded from the approval step and automatically approved or sent to the next step.
- Go to Settings --> Approval chain.
- Press Add approval step and choose the Custom field in the drop-down list for Type.
- Choose the custom field.
If you have an integration for custom field values, evaluate if this needs to be adjusted before activating the feature.