Project Based Approval
This feature enables a more flexible approval chain based on projects, cost centers, etc. For example, a cost center owner might be more suitable to approve the related expenses than the user's superior or the finance team.
- Go to Settings --> Custom fields.
- Press the button xx Pre-defined values to the right of the custom field you want to use for your approval chain.
- Press the edit button on the right to add an owner.
- Search and choose the correct employee in the Owner field. This employee will approve expenses and trips booked to the owner's project or custom field value.
- Go to Settings --> Approval chain.
- Press Add approval step and choose the Custom field in the drop-down list for Type.
- Choose the custom field.